Six TV shows to see this fall

1. “The Voice”

Sept. 19

While “The Voice” has been around for 10 seasons now, the show now has two completely new judges: Alicia Keys and Miley Cyrus will join “OG” judges Blake Shelton and Adam Levine for the show’s 11th season. This will be the first season to feature two female judges. A half-hour sneak peek at the new season was given immediately following the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, and the first two blind auditions left viewers speechless. As anticipation has built for the start of the new season, so has speculation of the judging talents of Cyrus and Keys. Blind auditions, the first of five stages on the show, will kick off on Monday.

THE VOICE -- "Blind Auditions" -- Pictured: (l-r) Adam Levine, Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys, Blake Shelton -- (Photo by: Trae Patton/NBC)
(Photo courtesy of NBC)

2. “Kevin Can Wait”

Sept. 19

The “King of CBS,” Kevin James, is finally returning to the prime-time network with the premiere of his new sitcom, “Kevin Can Wait.” Since his previously successful show “King of Queens” went off the air in 2007, James has been away from the small screen for nearly 10 years. His upcoming show follows Kevin, a newly retired police officer, eager and ready to start spending more time with his family and friends. However, he soon realizes that tougher challenges lie at home than they did in the streets. Expected to have humor along the lines of “King of Queens”, James’ new show is highly anticipated, and hits the small screen on Monday.

108108_d0861bb
(Photo courtesy of CBS)

3. “Designated Survivor” 

Sept. 21

“Designated Survivor” follows a member of the U.S. Cabinet as he suddenly becomes president after everyone in line before him is killed in a catastrophic attack. This drama, starring the critically-acclaimed Kiefer Sutherland, is set to premiere on ABC on Wednesday, Sept. 21. It also features other major star power, including Maggie Q of the “Divergent series”, and Italia Ricci of Freeform’s “Chasing Life”. The show currently has a 89 percent rating by critics on Rotten Tomatoes, proving its anticipated release. Sutherland’s previous TV success stems from his action-packed FOX hit “24”, a show that ran for nine seasons and was viewed by millions every week. “Designated Survivor” will take the 10 p.m. slot in ABC’s jam-packed lineup.

160915-designatedsurvivor
(Photo courtsey of ABC)

4. “The Exorcist”

Sept. 23

A modern adaptation of the 1970s classic, “The Exorcist” will likely highlight the psychological thriller aspect of the horror film. After breaking box office records and becoming one of the most widely-regarded horror films of all time, it is high time “The Exorcist” was turned into a prime-time TV show. The show will follow the story of two very different priests trying to tackle a family’s horrifying possession situation. The star-studded cast, crew and modern delivery of an old story is leading up to a highly anticipated premiere on Sept. 23. The show will air on FOX and features some very decorated executive producers, including Rolin Jones of “Friday Night Lights” and Jeremy Slater of “The Fantastic Four.”

screen-shot-2016-09-16-at-1-13-15-pm
(Photo courtesy of FOX)

5. “Big Brother : Over the Top”

Sept. 28

For any die-hard “Big Brother” fan, this premiere is especially exciting. The show normally airs only once a year, running from June to September. The nine-month wait is excruciating, as anxiety builds up the colossal summer premiere. CBS recently announced the commencement of an all-new series, “Big Brother: Over the Top.” This series will release weekly episodes, as well as have the Big Brother signature live feeds for customers who have CBS All Access, a $5.99 per month subscription service. The online series will premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 28, less than a week after the “Big Brother” finale.

big-brother-over-the-top-2016-julie-chen-00
(Photo courtesy of CBS)