Filed under Arts/Life, Music

St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

It’s finally the time for many of DePaul’s finest to pop on that flat, ill-fitting cap that marks the fact that you’ve finally finished spending money here. More importantly, the graduation ceremony denotes that, essentially, the real world is ready for you – whether you’re ready or not. Meanwhile, I’ll be emotionally sitting in a corner somewhere thinking about all the friends who are leaving me behind. In light of that harsh eye-opening realization, the DePaulia has compiled a few songs to guide all of us through this trying time.

“It’s Time” – Imagine Dragons

I thoroughly believe that Imagine Dragons wrote this song with graduations in mind, considering it has been used as an official class song by schools all over the world for what feels like forever. Whether or not that is the case, “It’s Time” is as catchy as they come, and the lyrics speak to all the feelings of a soon-to-be graduate. Plus, it was one of Imagine Dragons’ hits before they got more mainstream, if that’s something you’re into.

“Moment 4 Life”- Nicki Minaj

An original Nicki Minaj bop, “Moment 4 Life” brings to life a Cinderella-esque fantasy beat with Minaj reminiscing about her rise to fame and her desire to never leave the moment she reached the top. Drake also lends his talents for an old-school Aubrey Graham verse in the middle that takes the nostalgia in this song to another level. If you find yourself looking back fondly at your own journey over the past few years, “Moment 4 Life” is part of the perfect soundtrack.

“Beat Of My Drum”- POWERS

More of a pop-alternative take on a classic graduation tune, “Beat Of My Dream” has an upbeat tempo and catchy lyrics to match; it will make this the best song to have on repeat as you navigate your new post-grad life. Definitely an anthem for those who choose to embrace individuality, this song is perfect for those who are literally going to the beat of their own drum as they embrace the freedom that graduation promises.

YOUTH – Troye Sivan

“YOUTH” is practically guaranteed to slide you directly into the most emotional state possible as Troye Sivan repeatedly sings about the loss of his naivety and youth. As you brace yourself for the semi-adulthood waiting for you on the other side of that graduation stage, keep “YOUTH” in the back of your mind as an example of the inevitability of adulthood. That sinking feeling may still suck, but at least it’ll feel universal.

3 Responses to “St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018”

1. Office 365 Migrations on May 29th, 2018 3:09 pm

I think that one of the biggest things you have to include is ergonomics and efficiency. One often feeds into the other when it comes to office comforts, i have found. Thanks for these tips.

Office 365 Migrations

2. Caden Sage on June 5th, 2018 3:50 am

This is my story, a true life story on how I survived an abusive husband(s). Please read and share.

Leaving an abusive marriage was life threatening, I was scared of the post-divorce lifestyle. I felt starting afresh with another man seems impossible at my age because my husband(s) always downplays my emotions making me feel like a worthless woman. Yes, I was married thrice.

I was betrayed by a friend, cheated upon by husband(s), beaten, jailed but I never gave up, I chose to ride or die with my current 5-year-old marriage because of love, our children and our shared finance. Though I love my husband to a fault and believed I can change his mindset through spiritual means before we go our separate ways.

After domestic abuse and emotional conflicts comes spiritual father, Dr. Wakina with redemption and restoration via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com with the spell that ended my abusive circle. I also escaped social pressure.

I wasn’t wrong afterall sticking to my husband and changing our lifestyle through spiritual doctors. Believe me, we’re living our dream lifestyle for over 5-months with much love and respect for each other.

3. Greiner Chad on June 17th, 2018 5:35 pm

Getting my Ex back my name is Greiner Chad from Canada i had a problem with my wife sometimes ago but never knew what the problem was,i tried to asked her but she refused to tell,me what it was as time goes on i discovered she was having an affair with a friend of mine that happens to be my best friend,i was so sad that i never knew what to do next,during my search for a way out i met a friend of mine who had similar problem and introduced me to a man who helped him with his situation,on getting to the man i discovered he was a spell caster i was shocked because i have not had anything to do with a spell caster in my entire life so i tried to give this man a chance because i never believed in spell casting as i thought it will not work for me but to my surprise i got positive results and i was able to get my wife back from him even after the spell caster did all i discovered my wife fell much more in love with me on like before so i was so happy that i never know what to do for him so i am using this opportunity to tell anyone on this blog having similar problem visit drolokumspelltemple@gmail.com ..i am sure he will help you . text/call +12057193764 or whatsapp/call his branch on +2348158836673

• Arts/Life

Cow Lamp

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

Arts/Life

’13 Reasons’ gets graphic in season two

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

What’s Fresh in Crime Documentaries

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

Steffan Argus, Shane get groovy at the Subterranean

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

Showcase

Ferg at FEST

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

‘Jackass’ and the evolution of comedy

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

Fashion

Think Pink

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

Solo: A ‘Meh’ Story

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

Grad uses film to discuss mental health

• St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018

Gambino’s career begins a new chapter

St. Vincent DeJamz, May 29, 2018