DePaul hires search firm to help find new president

DePaul University has hired Witt/Keiffer, a professional search firm, to assist in the search for the university’s new president.

DePaul spokesperson Carol Hughes said it’s too early in the process for DePaul or Witt/Keiffer to make any official statements, but did say any path they take will be led by the search committee.

“The search committee is not yet in place – Faculty Council appointees and others are still to be identified,” she said. “The search firm, while hired, will take its direction from the search committee, so it would be inappropriate for the search firm to offer commentary at this juncture.”

The committee is expected to begin its search in the fall.

Witt/Keiffer has previously assisted several universities in presidential searches, including Robert Morris University and Roosevelt University, as well as other placements within higher education at DePaul.

Following the announcement of Rev. Dennis Holtschneider’s resignation as president of DePaul, Holtschneider sent out an email to the campus community.

Along with informing the university he would be stepping down, the email also discussed plans to find the next president. The email went on to discuss who will be included in the presidential search committee.

“As is DePaul’s tradition, the search will be conducted by the Board of Trustees, who will invite the SGA president to serve as a member of a search committee, alongside representatives from Staff Council and Faculty Council,” he said.

Holtschneider said his resignation was not because of the turmoil that happened shortly before his announcement. He will have no role in choosing the new president.