You’re here for who? Shamir, Jarryd James, Anderson .Paak

We did the homework so you don’t have to. Check back each week for the scoop on bands you can’t miss at Pitchfork, Lollapalooza, North Coast and Riot Fest this year.

11926070_1037720166259013_6346889530961919249_oJarryd James

Australian indie pop singer Jarryd James recently re-emerged in the music scene with his debut solo single “Do You Remember,” an emotional original that peaked at No. 1 on Australian charts. It led to the release of his first EP “Thirty One” in September 2015.

Shy on stage, but genuine, his music is refreshingly minimal, and he isn’t afraid to move into falsetto. His softened vocals stand out across songs, but balance with the music of the well-mixed tracks, making them easy to listen to.

“Give Me Something” comes off like a personal confession. His songs express a search for love, and in this one he asks, “Can I get a little bit of your attention? Can I get a little bit of your affection?” His renewed passion is worth a listen.

11222189_966614673377547_7760054328666215633_nAnderson .Paak

Anderson Paak cultivates every detail of his music, right down to his name. He usually writes his stage name as Anderson .Paak, telling NPR in an interview that the dot stands for “detail” because he spends so much time on his craft.

Paak is intentional, a designer, using mediums of funk, soul and R&B to color his verse and rhythm. He softens moods and styles into chill tracks that flow through albums like “Malibu,” his latest, released on Jan. 15.

Even though rap style dominates “Without You,” shimmering tones brighten the background with a bit of undeniable sweetness.

Paak delivers old school, new school, now-and-later soul that you stick in your back pocket.

shamirShamir

The cool and confident Shamir named his first album “Northtown” after his hometown suburb in Las Vegas, but it sounds like it came from a much farther away, funkier world.

The addictive album orbits the planet of traditional discography like a sparkling satellite, refusing to land. Stand-out instrumentals from songs like “In For The Kill” are inspired and bright, and swirl into Shamir’s smooth vocals like a melting summer milkshake.

But he wants listeners to focus on his androgynous, stylish vocals. “Sometimes a Man,” born on the Vegas strip, has a late-night club style.

Shamir performs fearlessly, an artist doing whatever he wants. The Guardian called Shamir’s music “electrified sherbet for the ears,” which is what one can expect from an artist who walks on rainbows.