Weekend round up: January 17-19

Do the Time Warp again (or for the first time), DePaul. This Saturday at midnight, The Music Box Theater will be showing “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” complete with a shadow-cast and props. The iconic cult film is full of campy sci-fi craziness, and attending a midnight showing is as much as experience as viewing the movie itself. Prepare yourself for a night of singing, dancing and throwing confetti. Tickets can be purchased in advance online for $10.

Need a laugh after a long week? Lucky for you, it’s the last weekend of the Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival. Starting Friday at 8 p.m. and lasting until Sunday at 8 p.m. Stage 773 will be taken over by 50 different sketch comedy groups including The Charlies, A Twerk in Progress and Dog Dads. Tickets for most shows cost between $10-$15 and can be purchased online at the festival website.

Tomorrow Never Knows is another festival in town for the weekend. This fest includes a mix of acclaimed and up and coming musicians and comedians. The performances are scattered around the city, taking places at Schubas, Lincoln Hall, Metro, Smart Bar, The Hideout and Athenaeum Theater. Some stand out from the line up include the band Weekend performing at Schubas on Friday, Comedian Natasha Leggero performing stand up at The Hideout on Saturday and Indie band, Yuck taking the stage at Lincoln Hall on Sunday. All tickets and shows during the festival start at 9 p.m., are 18+ and cost $15 unless otherwise noted on their website.