Seven in Heaven 2/23-2/26

1. The Place of Memory: Video Art and Chicago at the DPAM, 2/23

Curated by Chi Jang Yin, an associate professor of art, media and design at DePaul, this event is a video screening about the memory of “sites and architecture, evoking personal longing, loss and aesthetic contemplation.” The screening features work from more than ten artists, some of whom will be available for a Q&A afterward. Do to www.museums.depaul.edu for more.

2. Steve Aoki and Datsik at Aragon, 2/24

Big-time electro house producer Steve Aoki and hard-hitting dubstep producer Datsik take over the Aragon Ballroom this weekend. Not many electronic dance music artists can handle a large venue reserved for big name acts in any genre, but Aoki and Datsik have the track records and spinning skills to give the historic Uptown spot a show. Go to www.aragon.com for more.

3. Sebastian Ingrosso and Porter Robinson at Congress, 2/25

It’s a big weekend in Chicago for EDM fans. House DJ Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia joins 19-year-old electro house producer Porter Robinson at the Congress. Both having recently graced Chicago, Robinson, signed to Skrillex’s OWSLA label, is moving up after first playing here at the tiny Logan Square Auditorium. Go to www.congresschicago.com for more.

4. Chicago Arts Orchestra at St. Luke Church, 2/25

The CAO will perform its second concert of the season, “Transatlantic Voyages: 18th Century Galant Music in the Americas and Europe.” The concert will also include vocalists. Visit www.chicagoartsorchestra.org for more.

5. “BEST MUSICAL!” by Porchlight Music Theatre at Stage 773, 2/29

Plan in advance for this one. Porchlight is putting on “BEST MUSICAL!,” an improvised musical comedy with improv veterans from The Second City and more. Go to www.stage773.com for more.

6. International Kennel Club Cluster of Dog Shows at McCormick Place, 2/24-26

More than 10,000 purebred pooches from more than 170 breeds will prance about McCormick Place to fight for the title of Best in Show. The event also includes demonstrations and meet-and-greets with the lovable contestants. Go to www.ikcdogshow.com for more.

7. “The Language of Less (Then and Now) at Museum of Contemporary Art, 2/26

This contemporary exhibits shows work from the ‘60s and ‘70s in minimalist and post-minimalist styles. These older works are complemented by works from artists of today in a two-part exhibit. Go to www.mcachicago.org for more.