Weekend Round-Up June 21-23

Chicago Pride Festival

The rainbows you see in Boystown this weekend won’t just be from the rain, the neighborhood will be home to Chicago’s 44th annual pride week. This weekend the pride festival, hosted by the Northalsted Business Alliance, will be taking over Halsted Ave. between Addison and Grace streets. Besides a variety of vendors selling food and other goods, the festival has two stages featuring a diverse line up of entertainers.

On Saturday afternoon, make sure to check out songstresses Aubrey O’Day and Blue Cantrell at the North Stage, and don’t miss out when Dev ends the night dropping the bass down low.  On Sunday, catch Neon Hitch, Sandy B. and Janice Robinson and Tameka Star at the North Stage again or check out Rod Tuffcurls and Sixteen Candles at the South Stage. The festival suggests a $7 donation for attending.

Chicago Craft Beer Festival

If pride festival isn’t your thing and you’re over 21 years old, the Chicago Craft Beer Festival is also going on this weekend. Headquartered at St. Michael in Old Town, the festival features more than 100 small batch specialty brews to be sampled in the fest’s tasting tents. Tickets for the event are already sold out for Saturday, but you can still grab tickets for Friday and Sunday’s festivities.

On Friday, it’s $60 for 15 tickets at the door and on Sunday it’s $40 for 20 tickets at the door.  After all the delicious brews have been tasted, the celebration will continue with live performances. Saturday night, Todd Kessler from the Voice and Marcia Ball will be performing beginning at 6:45 p.m. If you don’t have a taste for beer and just want to catch the tunes, a $5 donation will get you into the festival.

Green Music Fest

If being green is what you’re all about, bike over to Wicker Park this weekend for this year’s Green Music Fest.  The environmentally friendly festival features the latest in green-technology and showcases green vendors and activities all weekend. The festival’s mission is to connect eco-conscious Chicagoans with environmentally sustainable companies, products, ideas and service. It also features a pretty rocking music line up. 

On Saturday, Into It. Over It. and Manchester Orchestra will be performing on the north Stage, while YAWN and Everest will be performing on the south stage. On Sunday, Snowden and This Must Be the Band will be performing on the North Stage, while Ha Ha Tonka and Joe Pug will be on the South Stage.  The festival will be open both days between noon and 10 p.m. and suggests a $5 donation.