Filed under News

Lincoln Yards development passes Zoning Committee

The controversial Lincoln Yards development passed the City Council’s Zoning Committee, overcoming a major hurdle.

The 9-4 approval of the $6 billion mega-development means that the project will now be voted on by the whole of the City Council on March 11.

The four aldermen who voted against it were Deb Mell (33rd), Ameya Pawar (47th), George Cardenas (12th) and James Cappleman (46th). Cappleman is the chair of the Zoning Committee and his calls to delay the vote was quickly overruled, Block Club Chicago reported.

Activists and other aldermen called on Ald. Brian Hopkins (2nd), in whose ward the development will be built, to slow down the process, but it steamrolled right through the Zoning Committee.

Michelle Smith’s (43rd) Lincoln Park-area ward is adjacent to where the development will be, said in the committee meeting that the project isn’t doing enough for everyday Chicagoans.

“I regret that this vote is taking place today,” Smith said. “The alterations that have been made to this plan are not significant and have not been reviewed by the community. Where is the school? Where is the library? Where is the true public park? Where is the true public benefit?”

Among the last-minute changes that were made to the project’s proposal were an increase in the number of affordable housing units that would be located on site, up to 600 units from 300.

The revised proposal also shortened the tallest building in the development, down to 600 feet high from 800 feet.

If the final proposal passes the City Council on March 11, the development will be officially green-lit.

3 Responses to “Lincoln Yards development passes Zoning Committee”

1. Acacia hary on March 15th, 2019 2:54 am

The article you shared here is great. I really like and appreciate your work. The points you mentioned in this article are helpful. I have to try to follow these points and also share others.
    fnaf

2. Chryssy Berry from USA on March 15th, 2019 7:33 pm

After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he could come back to me, I was really worried and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a Love spell for me. 11hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity is real spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your ex lover back or save your marriage fast. Do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster Dr.Unity now. Here’s his contact: Call/WhatsApp him: +2348071622464 ,Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com

3. Clara James on March 16th, 2019 7:18 am

GREAT LOVE SPELL CASTER PRIEST WISDOM THAT HELP ME SAVE MY RELATIONSHIP.TEXT OR ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP: +2348124644470

My name is CLARA JAMES .i want to give thanks to PRIEST WISDOM for bringing back my ex husband.No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker) that Trust is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person,It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn’t face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he brake up with me again.I was confuse and do not no what to do again,rather them to get in contact with PRIEST WISDOM . He did a love spell that make my husband come back to me. we are now very much happy with our self. PRIEST WISDOM make him to realize how much we love and need each other.This man is for REAL and for good.he can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counseling, and we’re doing very, very well,in our love life.contact email Supernaturalspell1@gmail.com text or add him up on whatsApp at: +2348124644470 ..””””””””/