Filed under Metro, News

Pregnant Chicago woman slain, baby cut from her womb

Chicago Police missing person flier for Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, who had gone to a Chicago home in response to a Facebook offer of free baby clothes, was strangled and her baby cut from her womb, police and family members said.

Chicago Police/Chicago Tribune via AP

Chicago Police/Chicago Tribune via AP

Chicago Police/Chicago Tribune via AP

A pregnant woman who had gone to a Chicago home in response to a Facebook offer of free baby clothes was strangled and her baby cut from her womb, police and family members said.

The newborn was in grave condition and not expected to survive, and three people were taken into custody, with charges including murder to be filed Thursday afternoon, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

The body of 19-year-old Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui was found early Wednesday behind the house. The nine-months-pregnant woman was last seen leaving her high school on April 23, the same day paramedics were called to the home several miles away on the Southwest Side about a newborn with problems breathing.

“We believe that she was murdered, and we believe that the baby was forcibly removed following that murder,” Guglielmi said, calling it an “unspeakable act of violence.”

According to WLS-TV, a 911 dispatcher reported that a 46-year-old woman had called to say that she had given birth 10 minutes earlier and the baby was pale and blue and not breathing.

The family of Ochoa-Uriostegui, a married mother of a 3-year-old son, said a woman on Facebook had lured her to the home by offering a stroller and baby clothes.

“She was giving clothes away, supposedly under the pretense that her daughters had been given clothes and they had all these extra boy clothes,” said Cecelia Garcia, a spokeswoman for the family.

Ochoa-Uriostegui’s family has been looking for her since her disappearance more than three weeks ago, organizing search parties, holding news conferences and pushing police for updates on the investigation.

Her husband, Yiovanni Lopez, visited his son at the hospital and named him Yadiel, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

“Why did these people, why did these bad people, do this? She did nothing to them,” Lopez told WLS. “She was a good person.”

One Response to “Pregnant Chicago woman slain, baby cut from her womb”

1. Natasha Wanderly on May 16th, 2019 11:27 pm

heal from broken heart” my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn’t pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad, i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called DR.UNITY who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 11hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together again, DR.UNITY can help you Call/WhatsApp him: +2348071622464 ,Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com,Your kindness will never be forgotten.

• Pregnant Chicago woman slain, baby cut from her womb

Metro

Illinois man found guilty in teen’s 1992 strangulation death

Metro

Unsealed file contains Smollett bail conditions

Metro

Lori Lightfoot sworn in as Chicago mayor; vows big reforms

Metro

COMMENTARY: Chicago will remember Emanuel as he was, not as he wants

Metro

Potential solutions to urban flooding not attainable for communities that need them most

Metro

Pilsen proposes historic landmark to slow gentrification

Metro

Chicago public health department confirms measles case

Metro

Transparency trouble: New database shows police misconduct records for Chicago and beyond

Metro

Facebook bans conspiracy theorists from Infowars and Nation of Islam

Metro

Protest against CPD union in Near West Side ends in 12 arrests