Summer is over, so watch more TV

“Dancing With the Stars”

“Dancing with the Stars” – premiered September 16, ABC: This season is the seventeenth for the series, and unlike seasons past, it will only air on Monday nights every week at 7 p.m. on ABC. There are quite a few stars on the show this season, including Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, formerly of “Jersey Shore”; Corbin Bleu, formerly of “High School Musical”; Amber Riley, formerly of “Glee”; and Bill Nye.  

“The Voice”

“The Voice” – Sept. 23, NBC: After taking a season off to focus on their respective careers, original coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo Green return to their chairs, rejoining Blake Shelton and Adam Levine to pick teams, along with guest mentors Cher and Miguel. After Blake Shelton coached three consecutive singers to victory on the series, the other coaches will be looking to get a taste of victory for themselves.  

“Parks and Recreation”

“Parks and Recreation” – Sept. 26, NBC: Amy Poehler and the gang will return to make audiences laugh; unfortunately, two of the show’s stars will be leaving midway through the upcoming season – Rashida Jones, who plays Ann Perkins, and Rob Lowe, who plays Chris Traeger. The one hour season premiere follows the Parks and Rec team as they travel to London for an award Leslie receives.  

“The Crazy Ones”

“The Crazy Ones” – Sept. 26, CBS: starring Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar. This will be Williams’ return to the small screen, having not starred in a television series since “Mork and Mindy” more than thirty years ago. Williams plays an executive at a Chicago ad agency, and must deal with his uptight daughter and up-and-coming successor, played by Gellar. Also look for “Gossip Girl” cast member Amanda Setton.  

“Glee”

“Glee” – Sept. 26, FOX: this season will be Demi Lovato and Adam Lambert. Unfortunately, this season will be the first to not have an appearance by actor Cory Monteith, who played Finn Hudson on the series. Monteith died this past July, forcing writers and producers of the show to rewrite the season and push back the season premiere a week. Since Monteith’s character was central to the series, it will be interesting to see if or how it can recover from the loss.  

“Scandal”

“Scandal” – Oct. 3, ABC: In the previous two seasons, the protagonist Olivia Pope was involved in a heated affair with the president. However, at the end of season two, this scandalous secret was somehow revealed to the public. Now, Pope must face her critics and the inevitable backlash in the upcoming season. Expect plenty more twists and turns in the episodes to come.  

“Supernatural”

“Supernatural” – Oct. 8, The CW: The brothers Dean and Sam Winchester will be back to face the demons of their world, but in this season, they may face more of their own inner demons. In an interview with ScreenCrush.com, show producer Jeremy Carver stated that the theme for this season is “consequences.” Only time will tell what this means for the Winchester brothers.  

“The Walking Dead”

“The Walking Dead” – Oct. 13, AMC: Many of the recurring characters of the previous season will become regular cast members for the upcoming season. The conflict of season four will revolve around something sinister that has found its way into the Prison. Rick Grimes and his group of survivors will have to find a way to fight this force to survive.  

“Awkward”

“Awkward” – Oct. 22, MTV: The first ten episodes of the season concluded in June, and the fall premiere will pick up where those episodes left off with another ten episodes. After protagonist Jenna Hamilton shared a kiss with her crush Colin Jennings in the summer finale, will exlove interest Matty McKibben regain interest in her? The second half of the season will uncover the answer.