Book review: ‘Bankable Leadership’ by Tasha Eurich

Dr. Tasha Eurich has taken various steps and actions to write her book titled “Bankable Leadership.” Her insight on how to become a great leader in this book has really been an eye-opener. Various books will try to give you step-by-step procedures on how to turn from a lousy leader into a phenomenal one; Eurich has done the opposite of that. With four basic points, you will surely achieve more than you would have with other leadership and marketing books.

In the introduction, Eurich clearly states a scenario that she has faced with a recent client about their leadership mindset and the groups progress in a company. It was amazing to read the problems the leader faced when being reviewed by his team. Having the drive to make any company successful just isn’t enough when it comes to working with a group of individuals who have the potential to make the company “bankable.” Eurich is able to break down the four basic tensions in her model of “Bankable Leadership.”

“Be Human and Drive Performance,” “Be Helpful and Drive Responsibility,” “Be Thankful and Drive Improvement,” and “Be Happy and Drive Productivity” are four sections of her model guide anyone picks up this interesting volume. Each piece of her model is explained and backed up with scenarios and stories of real-life experiences.  Instead of just stating facts and research, Eurich is able to entertain her readers by intertwining the two components.

Throughout the whole book, building trust is one of the key fragments that Eurich states. A great leader is able to maintain the work they are given as well as being responsible for a whole team’s performance. Interacting with co-workers is also a key portion of gaining major leader points, knowing the people you work with will help out in the long run. Keeping everyone and yourself stress-free is helpful when keeping track of any organization.

“Bankable Leadership” is really a great read for anybody who needs a little guidance and I highly recommend reading Eurich’s book for useful tips.