Weekend round up: June 27-30

A weekend-long celebration of the Blackhawk’s Stanley Cup victory is in many of Chicagoans plans, but for those who want a little escape from hockey-mania, there are tons of great events going on this weekend in and around Chicago.

If you’re in the mood for music a little road trip to Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s annual Summerfest began this past Wednesday and has a vast lineup of performers that stretches all the way to July 7.  This weekend’s headliners include Tom Petty on Friday, Jason Aldean on Saturday and Pitbull on Sunday.  Tickets for those artists are a little more expensive and can be purchased at the Summerfest website.  However, with $17 general admission tickets you can see Matt and Kim, Imagine Dragons and Social Distortion among hundreds of other bands and artists this weekend. 

This Saturday and Sunday, just a few blocks from DePaul’s Lincoln Park campus, The Lincoln Park Arts and Music Festival will be taking place.  Admission is a $5 suggested donation and the event runs from noon to 10 p.m. daily.  There will be more than 80 artists and a line up of great music.  Saturday night will close out with Steven Page, formerly of Barenaked Ladies and Sunday’s music will end with Howie Day.

Chicago’s 44th annual pride parade will be taking place this Sunday at noon.  Filled with more than 200 entrees including floats, decorated vehicles and marching bands, it’s sure to be a good time. The parade route will begin at Broadway and Montrose Avenues, go south on Broadway, then south on Halsted Avenue, east on Belmont Avenue, south on Broadway, then finally east on Diversey Avenue to Cannon Drive.  Claim your spot early to ensure you have the best view in the crowd.