Patio dining options near LPC

As the weather finally warms up in Chicago, outdoor dining can return. Near the Lincoln Park campus there are many great options to enjoy the few days of beautiful spring weather and great cuisine.

A short walk from campus down Halsted Street brings you to Las Fuentes (2558 N. Halsted St.), an authentic Mexican restaurant with a positive vibe. The enclosed patio is a quiet, happy place within the city. If it’s your birthday, perhaps bust open one of their pi’Ûαatas and let the festivities begin. While eating under the hot sun, you might not want to fill up on a huge burrito. Try one of their light entrees like the Taquiza de Camaron. In this dish, shrimp tossed in a garlic sauce rest on warm tortilla shells with Pico de Gallo and jalape’Ûαos. 

For a great cup of cappuccino paired with either a sweet or savory meal, check out La Creperie (2845 N. Clark St.) The reasonably priced crepes range from $6 to $15 depending on the toppings. When it’s nice out, the glass doors at the front of the restaurant open up and transform the sidewalks into a Parisian dream. La Creperie is a prime location for enjoying the spring sun and watching the people of Chicago strut past you.

After a night watching the Cubs at Wrigley Field, stop by Vines On Clark (3554 N. Clark St.) and request the outdoor seating. Winning or losing has no effect on how a Cubs fan has fun. Enjoying the atmosphere while surrounded by friends, Vines On Clark is an excellent place to dine. Their menu features everything from soups and sandwiches, to pasta and pizzas. Keep in mind that there is a limited menu and the place fills up fast on game days. However, this is a great place to eat outside any day of the week.

Another patio gem is Thai restaurant Noodles in the Pot (2453 N. Halsted St.)Fairly inexpensive and always satisfying, a good way to stretch your budget is to only eat half of the typically filling dish and take the other half home. Noodles in the Pot’s Pad Thai is always a classic with its tangy and refreshing taste. Pair it with Spring rolls for a well-balanced, fresh meal.