BREAKING: University selects Cal Poly provost for DePaul position

The DePaul Board of Trustees elected Marten L. denBoer as the new provost for the university today, according to a release.

DenBoer, who is currently the provost and vice president for Academic Affairs at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, will assume the role of provost on July 1 replacing interim provost David Miller, the dean of the College of Computing and Digital Media.

“The feedback we received from the deans, faculty and staff leadership showed overwhelming support for Dr. denBoer,” said Board Chair William E. Bennett in the release. “There was a unanimous vote of the trustees to select him as DePaul’s next provost.”

During his visit to campus denBoer said the university’s mission drew him to DePaul.

“I have admired from afar as DePaul’s academic quality has risen over the past decade even as it remained faithful to its Vincentian values. I am honored and thrilled to have the opportunity to join such a vigorous and creative intellectual community,” said denBoer in the release.

DePaul president Rev. Dennis Holtschneider, C.M cited denBoer’s extensive administration and leadership experience, including previous experience as a provost.

“Dr. denBoer comes with significant experience as an academic leader, having served as provost and associate provost in previous appointments,” Holtschneider said. “His past work with faculty to support scholarly initiatives and his attention to the development of degree programs for students that adapt to market needs are exemplars of a tested leader.”

Cal Poly Pamona is a public university with more than 22,000 students. denBoer has served as the provost for the past seven years.