ShopHouse, Latinicity among new Loop restaurants

Face it: you’ve scarfed down too many burrito bowls or sub sandwiches between classes to count, and it’s high time for a new lunch spot. Thankfully, there’s several new and affordable restaurants to choose from. 

Here’s where to get your next meal.

(Roxane Pahldad / The DePaulia)
(Roxane Pahldad / The DePaulia)

Latinicity

108 N. State St.

Spicy it up for lunch at Latinicity now at Block 37. With authentic Latin decor throughout the space and beautiful music in the background, it’s easy to feel immersed into the culture. This is a great place to grab a quick lunch or sit down with a study group. Indulge in their tacos, tortas, soups and more ­­— the options are plenty and endless. Menu items are also very affordable, so enjoy that second taco.

Recommended order: Milanesa torta and Homemade guac and chips

(Roxane Pahldad / The DePaulia)
(Roxane Pahldad / The DePaulia)

Goddess and the Baker

33 S. Wabash Ave.

With its sleek modern look and classy new-age diner vibe, students can enjoy exotic coffee and tea drinks. If hungry, check out some of their delicious lunch options such as their Kale & Toasted Barley salad or The Chicken Club sandwich, all of which are made with fresh delicious ingredients. Don’t forget about dessert — whether you want to indulge in a piece of rainbow cake or enjoy a vegan muffin, the options are endlessly delicious.

Recommended order: Santa Monica Turkey and Vietnamese Cold Brew

(Roxane Pahldad / The DePaulia)
(Roxane Pahldad / The DePaulia)

Dollop

343 S. Dearborn St.

Coffee is a college student’s best friend, so fuel up with a hot or cold cup of joe at Dollops’ new Loop location. Dollop coffee shop’s open and inviting atmosphere gives you a place to not only enjoy to a cup or two of coffee, but to hangout and unwind a bit. This local Chicago coffee shop serves Metropolis coffee and has an array of pastries from Hoosier Mama Pie Company.

Recommended order: Iced coffee with soy milk

(Roxane Pahldad / The DePaulia)
(Roxane Pahldad / The DePaulia)

ShopHouse

24 E. Jackson Blvd.

Take the Chipotle concept and mix it with East Asian cuisine and you will get ShopHouse. Make your own Asian bowls to go or enjoy dining in. Each dish is made fresh and full of flavor. Choose options like a rice or noodle bowl, add your choice of meat, veggies, sauces and garnish. With several delicious options to choose from, you can try multiple combinations.

Recommended order: Chilled noodle, grilled chicken satay, green beans, spicy red curry, herb salad and crispy garlic garnish