You’re here for who? Daughter, St. Lucia, Panama Wedding

We did the homework so you don’t have to. Check back each week for the scoop on bands you can’t miss at Pitchfork, Lollapalooza, North Coast and Riot Fest this year.

(Photo courtesy of DAUGHTER)
(Photo courtesy of DAUGHTER)

Daughter

When your legs are tired of jumping up and down and your voice is sore from screaming amid all the exciting performances at Lollapalooza, give yourself a break and head over to see Daughter. The indie-folk band of three is guaranteed to make you feel more connected to music than you ever have before in your life.

Lead singer Elena Tonra will captivate you with her soft, alluring voice for the entirety of the performance. The honest emotion expressed through Tonra’s vocals will serenade you.

Hits such as “Youth” and “Medicine” will be sure to give you an outlet of relaxation and serenity throughout the chaos of Lolla.

And as if it couldn’t get any better, Tonra has the most pleasant British accent you will ever hear.

(Photo courtesy fo St. Lucia)
(Photo courtesy fo St. Lucia)

St. Lucia

St. Lucia’s lead singer Jean-Phillip Grobler successfully combines his South African and Brooklyn roots to exemplify a sound so unique, you’ll feel as though you’ve traveled a hundred years into the future. Regularly compared to bands such as Passion Pit, M83 and CHVRCHES, St. Lucia successfully combines today’s electric feels with classic ‘80s vibes.

St. Lucia’s endless radiation of good-vibes will leave you moving and grooving up until the very last moment of their performance. The shimmer of Grobler’s vocals coinciding with the glistening energy of synthesizers will leave St. Lucia’s melody playing on repeat in your head for the entirety of the music festival.

(Photo courtesy of PANAMA WEDDING)
(Photo courtesy of PANAMA WEDDING)

Panama Wedding

With a history of touring with bands such as Smallpools, RAC and Magic Man, Panama Wedding is slowly making its way to the center of the indie spectrum. The synth-pop band from New York City maintains a much lighter sound through a limitation of synthesizing.

Their tropical melodies provide the ultimate swaying soundtrack. Lead singer Peter Kirk will captivate you with his soft, alluring vocals.  What makes Panama Wedding so unique is their ability to combine a laid-back and electronic melody.

To get a taste of this, listen to “All of the People,” a combination of a lush and gentle tune.

Throughout the unbearable heat, humidity and claustrophobia that comes along with Lolla, Panama Wedding is guaranteed to provide soothing relief to your mind and body.