Filed under Nation & World

Trump calls for Justice Dept. investigation of op-ed writer

President Donald Trump declared Friday the Department of Justice should try to identify the writer of a bitingly critical New York Times opinion piece, purportedly submitted by a member of an administration “resistance” movement straining to thwart his most dangerous impulses.

Trump cited “national security” in an interview with reporters aboard Air Force One as he called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to open an investigation to unmask the author. He also said he was exploring the potential of bringing legal action against the newspaper over the publication of the essay two days earlier.

“Jeff should be investigating who the author of that piece was because I really believe it’s national security,” Trump said. If the person has a high- level security clearance, he said, “I don’t want him in those meetings.”

It’s all but unthinkable that the Justice Department could open an investigation into the op-ed article. Though it was strongly critical of Trump, no classified information appears to have been revealed by the author or leaked to the newspaper, which would be one crucial bar to clear before a leak investigation could even be contemplated.

Still Trump’s call is the latest test of the independence of the Justice Department, which is supposed to make investigative and charging decisions without political interference from the White House.

A day earlier, Trump’s top lieutenants stepped forward to repudiate the op-ed in a show of loyalty to their incensed boss, who has ordered aides to unmask the writer.

In an interview Thursday with Fox News, Trump said the author “may not be a Republican, it may not be a conservative, it may be a deep state person who has been there for a long time.”

10 Responses to “Trump calls for Justice Dept. investigation of op-ed writer”

1. Skye on September 11th, 2018 11:32 am

Not certain where to begin, I was overwhelmed lately trying to get out of a funk situation in a relationship. My fiancé was a whole other story. He was downright hurtful and ungrateful; his life and belongings were in shambles. He was someone addicted to drugs and women. He liked hiding behind excuses, giving me reasons to live a reckless life.
    But we share great bond, we can’t let go because we aren’t perfect after all.
    One thing we needed was someone or a spell doctor that will place himself in our spot to cure or tell us how easy it is to maintain or build a relationship surrounded by true love and healthy living.
    However, the reality of my story is that Dr. Wakina via (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com) with a succeeding love spell made sure none of my pipe dreams at the expenses of a broken heart become reality.

melianna Reply:

I want to say a very big thank you to Dr.Kala for helping me to get my boyfriend back after 7 months of separation due to pressure from his family saying that i am not the same religion with them.I came across a ladys post referring on how she was helped by Dr.Kala to get her husband back after he divorced her for another woman. I also decided to contact him for help because i was desperate to get back my boyfriend. I followed all his instructions and he promised me that my boyfriend will come back to me within 24 hours after he has finished casting the love spell on him. And after 24hrs as Dr Kala said, my boyfriend come back to me and beg me to forgive him. Am finally a complete woman with my man back by my side. You can also get help from this great man Dr Kala by Emailing him on: KALALOVESPELL@GMAIL.COM or call and whatsapp him on +2347051705853

2. Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA on September 11th, 2018 11:26 pm

Need My Ex Boyfriend Back Post Comment Contact:Unityspelltemple@gmail.com …..My name is Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA, I almost took my life because of my husband who left me and stop picking my calls answering my mails and my messages. He said He do not trust me anymore, I tried to convince and beg him, but he will not believe or answer me until we had a fight and broke up for 6months, after then I realize I can not live without him because of the love I have for him. I tried everything possible to get him back, but non worked for me, some fake spell casters scammed me and went away with my money until I came across this man called Dr Unity he helped me cast a spell for me and behold my husband came back after 28 hours, begging me for forgiveness, I was so surprised that spell caster like Dr Unity still exist. If anyone here needs some help, with all sincerity, contact Dr Unity today On Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464.

3. Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA on September 11th, 2018 11:28 pm

I Need My Ex Boyfriend Back Post Comment Contact:Unityspelltemple@gmail.com …..My name is Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA, I almost took my life because of my husband who left me and stop picking my calls answering my mails and my messages. He said He do not trust me anymore, I tried to convince and beg him, but he will not believe or answer me until we had a fight and broke up for 6months, after then I realize I can not live without him because of the love I have for him. I tried everything possible to get him back, but non worked for me, some fake spell casters scammed me and went away with my money until I came across this man called Dr Unity he helped me cast a spell for me and behold my husband came back after 28 hours, begging me for forgiveness, I was so surprised that spell caster like Dr Unity still exist. If anyone here needs some help, with all sincerity, contact Dr Unity today On Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464

4. Lauren on September 12th, 2018 3:10 am

Hello my name is Lauren i’m from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn’t pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Priest Ade who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Priest Ade can help you too Email him at

ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo. com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail. com /

WhatsApp +2347059715465

5. Shally Milly on September 13th, 2018 3:45 am

MY HUSBAND IS BACK WITH THE GREAT HELP OF DR SAM LOVE SPELL

I’m so excited my broken Marriage has been restored my ex husband is back after he left me and our 2kids for another woman. i was so happy to met Dr. Sam how he help many people to bring there Lover back so i contact him to help me too. that was how Dr. Sam help me to bring my husband back.. A big thank to you Dr. Sam because I never thought my ex Husband will be back to me so quickly with your spell. You are the best and world greatest. if you are here and you need your Ex Lover back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact:
    Email him at: supremespellcast@gmail. com Or supremespellcast@yahoo. com

You can also Call/WhatsApp:+2347087462033

6. maya on September 13th, 2018 3:50 am

I really want to give a big thanks to mother sunlight for helping me get back my lost love. And I also want to use this opportunity to apologize to you mother if you’ll hear, or read this testimony that, I am sorry for doubting your powers in the first place as I was kind of rude… but thanks to mother sunlight for her patience and understanding. I was wrong when I said I don’t think there is real and a true spellcaster . I believe that probably cause of my rough experience I face with fake lovespell casters. They made everything fed up for me. But thanks for openly my eyes to see spiritually. I am so happy to the fact that I don’t even mind to make you a million dollar donation right now just to appreciate you ,..but again I just know that money cannot buy this kind of miracle. Bu still with little support of money, you can make it happen also for you cause it is the money that makes the rituals possible for the spell. (my husband) who left us and started living with someone else. After 3yrs of separation, and now with the help of Jai Mata Sunlight,..I have him back after casting lovespell on him, now he’s back and worship me and adore me like I am a queen to him. And all of those my horrible days, is now a thing of the past. I’m so filledup with joy and happiness. People who knows we’ve been separated for a longtime, just can’t believe it. The the miracle of my husband came back is a very big news so they started asking me what I did. and how I did what I did to achieve this reality serious miracle happening.? And i confess for greatness. And sharing in case for you not to loose hope in life no matter what. Just via sunlightmat@gmail.com and get connected to mother sunlight.’ She will help you if you are also ready to help yourself to achieve your dreams come through. And pls join me in praise and thanks to mother sunlight for helping me get my man back.

7. Kayla Marrie on September 14th, 2018 6:18 pm

8. Nicole Travolta on September 16th, 2018 5:11 pm

Hey everyone
    I’m so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after few months of breakup, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again. My boyfriend of 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.
    I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again…
    All thanks to Dr Ahmed if you have any marital, relationship or divorces problem contact Dr Ahmed now and I guarantee you that he will help you.
    Here’s his contact.
    Call/what’s-app: +2348160153829
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com

9. kevin forbes on September 18th, 2018 1:19 am

Thanks to Dr. Iyayi for bringing back my lover in just 48-hours, when my lover left me i was sad i wanted to kill my self because i love her so much i try to do what i can to get him back, plead all his friends to help me beg him that am so sorry for what i have done but it never work. till a day when i was browsing on my face-book i saw some of this great man comment how he help people to bring back their lost lover back, that is when i contacted him and explain every thing to him on his email he told me not to worry and i believe him seriously things change for better in just 48-hours my story change my lover that left me for almost a year came back and beg i was so happy that my lover is back to me, all my appreciation goes to Dr. iyayi for bringing back my lover. You can contact Dr. Iyayi via email; driyayi48hourslovespell@gmail.com

OR whats-app + 2348054613715 he will do for you same way he help me.

• Nation & World

Grim Warnings for White House, Republicans ahead of election

• Nation & World

Florence death toll swells to 14 as rivers rise  

• Trump calls for Justice Dept. investigation of op-ed writer

Nation & World

DePaul and Loyola respond to sexual abuse coverup

• Nation & World

Palestinian stabs American-Israeli man to death

Nation & World

DePaul alum who triggered Russia investigation sentenced

Nation & World

Democrats make final attempt to block Kavanaugh nomination

Nation & World

Putting the meaning back into Memorial Day

Nation & World

Bill aims to teach LGBT history

Nation & World

Building Big Brother: China’s new frontier

Nation & World

A deeper look into terrorism