Weekend round-up: February 6-8

With the Winter Olympics kicking off this weekend, get into the spirit by visiting Snow Days at Navy Pier this weekend. You may not be able to do crazy jumps and spins snowboarding off a half pipe like Shaun White while there, but you can receive a snowboard lesson. As for those of us who aren’t athletically gifted, check out the ice sculpting competition going on at the pier. Fifteen teams of artists from around the world will face off, with their sculptures shows in a festive light display in the evening. Admission to the festival and Navy Pier is free.

Fans of indie rock innovators Neutral Milk Hotel can catch the band on their reunion tour this Friday at the Riviera Theatre. Hear the band play songs from their classic album “In The Aeroplane Under The Sea” live for the first time since the 1990s. Tickets are sold out through the Riviera’s website, but are available on Stubhub starting at $80 without fees.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and what’s a better way to get into the holiday spirit than listening to stories of loving and looking. This Sunday, join 2nd Story for their Valentine’s Day themed reading, where story tellers share their stories of searching, finding and losing love. The reading is 21+ and starts at 7:30 p.m. at Webster’s Wine Bar. Tickets are available online for $20 or at the door for $20 cash only.