Weekend round-up: January 24-26

This weekend, us lucky Chicagoans will get a break from the polar vortex as the temperatures get all the way up to a tropical 31 degrees. So what a better way to celebrate the break from the subzero weather, than spend time outdoors in the slightly freezing weather? Grab your ice skates and head over to the Lincoln Park Zoo’s ice skating rink located in the farmhouse area of the zoo.

Spend your afternoon in true winter fashion by skating and sipping on hot cocoa. Admission skate rental are $5. The rink is open from 4-8 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays and from noon to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.

If you’d rather spend your weekend doing something that includes being inside a heated room, make a trip downtown to the Goodman Theatre and check out their newest play “Luna Gale.” The play centers on social worker, Caroline, dealing with two teenage drug addicts accused of neglecting their child, Luna Gale.

The show will be playing until February 23 and tickets can be purchased online or at the box office. Students can use The Goodman Theatre’s student discount to purchase tickets for $10.

The undisputed best way to warm up during the winter is by dancing the night away at a concert. Luckily, this Saturday Los Campesinos! will be performing at The Metro. The indie rock band rose to fame with their upbeat songs combined with unique vocal styles on songs like “You! Me! Dancing!” and “By Your Hand.”

Tickets are available online at the Metro’s website for $21.50 not including convenience or handling fees. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m. Don’t miss out on what’s sure to be a fun concert.