Weekend round-up: Jan. 10-12

Welcome back DePaulians, and congratulations on making it through both syllabus week and the polar vortex unscathed.  That’s not an easy task.   Thankfully, the temperatures will be above freezing the next few days, making it much easier to enjoy winter quarter’s first weekend back.  

Film buffs should make their way over to The Music Box Theater this Saturday for the venue’s Second Saturday Silent Cinema.  This weekend they will be playing “Changing Husbands,” a 1924 comedy where a Broadway star and an aspiring actress, who happen to look alike, trade lives and husbands.   The film starts at noon, and tickets for the show cost  $8 for students and can be purchased in advance online.

Anyone who’s interested in art and history should check out Pamela Bannos’s talk at the Museum of Contemporary Art this Saturday.  Bannos’s lecture covers the topic of Art as Archaeology.  In this lecture she will be explore the history of the Museum of Contemporary Art’s location between Michigan Avenue during the Armory Years.   The hour-long talk begins at 3 p.m. and is free with museum admission.

Did you spend your snow day binge watching “The Walking Dead” on Netflix?  Think you have what it takes to be trapped in a room with a zombie this weekend?  Check out Room Escape Adventures “Trapped in A Room With A Zombie” event going on this weekend (as well as other days this January and February) at the Fine Arts Building.   You and up to 11 other people will be locked in a room with a Zombie chained to the wall, and given an hour to discover the hidden key that will allow you to escape.  You’ll have to work together to solve puzzles and riddles in this mind game, because every five minutes a buzzer sounds and the chained zombie is released another foot from the wall.  A few tickets still remain for some of this weekend’s numerous show times, they can be purchased for $28 on the event’s website.  http://roomescapeadventures.com/