Former DePaul video coordinator accepts assistant coaching job at CCSU

Credit: DePaul Athletics

Credit: DePaul Athletics

Credit: DePaul Athletics

On Dec. 6, 2017, Central Connecticut State head basketball coach Donyell Marshall watched his Blue Devil boys bow out 85-57 against the DePaul Blue Demons at Wintrust Arena.

Between bouts of nostalgia from coaching against his former college coach Dave Leitao, Marshall must have been impressed with the game plan the Blue Demons put together against his team that night. Seven months later, that cold Wednesday night in December comes full circle as the CCSU basketball program announced Thursday the hiring of now former DePaul basketball video coordinator, Baba Diallo,

who was instrumental in developing scouting reports and game plans for the Blue Demons last season, as its newest assistant coach.

“Baba brings a world of knowledge and recruiting connections to our program having worked under great coaches like Danny Manning (Tulsa), Frank Haith (Tulsa), and Leitao,” Marshall said via a press release from the CCSU athletic department. “As a staff, we were looking to add a coach who wanted to be here and help us continue to build on what we’re doing at CCSU. Baba is eager to be a part of the program and the Blue Devil family and we can’t wait to have him join us on the sidelines and start working with our players.”

Diallo, who is a native of Dakar, Senegal, spent two seasons at Tulsa University as a graduate manager working with Leitao (who was an assistant coach for the Golden Hurricane at the time) after he graduated from Baker University in Baldwin City, Kan. in 2013. Diallo followed his superior to the Windy City, joining Leitao’s staff as the assistant director of basketball operations in July 2015. He was promoted to the video coordinator position before last season.

For Diallo, this assistant coach designation is his most prestigious title yet in his young coaching career and he’s excited to get started.

“I am very blessed and excited to be here and have the opportunity to work with the Blue Devils program,” Diallo said via a press release from CCSU. “I’ve been fortunate to work with programs and coaches who have also been mentors to me. My trusted mentors in coach Leitao and coach Manning have said nothing but great things about how good of a person and a respected coach Donyell is. When this opportunity came about, it was a no brainer for me. It’s a tremendous opportunity to learn from and work with such a leader. I’m extremely excited for the direction of the program and can’t wait to get started.”

Marshall has concrete connections with two out of the three head coaches that Diallo has worked for during his coaching career. During the 2000-2001 season, Marshall and Danny Manning (former Tulsa head coach) both played for a 53-win Utah Jazz team. The connection with Leitao runs even deeper: Leitao was an assistant coach at the University of Connecticut tasked with developing star player Marshall in 1994. The two men coached together for the Maine Red Claws of the NBA G League during the 2011-2012 season.

“I love him dearly and it doesn’t make me feel any better, other than winning games, to beat somebody that I care that much about,” Leitao said about Marshall when the two squared off  last December at Wintrust Arena. “I’m as big of a fan of him as you can possibly be.”

With another one of his guys carving out a legacy for himself out east at CCSU, Leitao will be on nostalgia overload watch if the two teams battle again.

10 Responses to “Former DePaul video coordinator accepts assistant coaching job at CCSU”

1. Robert Jason on July 25th, 2018 6:49 pm

My names are Robert Jason want to testify about this great love spell caster that helped me bring back my ex wife. My ex wife and i where having a misunderstanding which led to our breakup though i went to beg her several times to please forgive and accept me back because i know i offended her but each time i went i always feel more deeply in pain and agony because she always walk out on me and would not want to listen to what i have to tell and i felt so empty inside me, my loneliness became worst, until this faithful day i was browsing through the internet i saw a testimony on the internet testifying of Dr Raypower good work, i contacted him which he assured me within 48 hours for an instant result. Just same 48 hours as he promised my wife now came back home begging for forgiveness to love and cherish her and the kids forever, am so happy and thankful to Dr Raypower,,, My wife is madly in love with me again. If there is any body Out there who is in Difficulties and need help should kindly Contact Dr. Raypower below

Email: urgentspellcast@gmail.com

Call or WhatsApp: +1 (424) 330-8109

MICHAEL ZOTOO Reply:

I NEED A SPELL CASTER TO GET MY EX LOVER BACK WHATSAPP +1(424)-261-8520

I read some testimonies about a love spell caster by DR LARRY on how he has helped lots of people in bringing back their ex lovers within 48hours, Sincerely I was just thinking if that was real and if this man could really help bring back my lover whom I love so much. I decided to contact him because I love my wife so much and we have been apart for a couple of months I really missed her so much, I have tried all other means to get her back but couldn’t. I contacted DR LARRY and he told me that my ex will come back to me in the next 48 hours, DR LARRY released her up to know how much i loved and wanted her And opened her eyes to picture how much we have share together. My ex is now back to me again as I`m the most happiest man on earth. All thanks goes to DR LARRY for the excessive work that he has done for me for helping me get my ex back . here is his email assurancesolutionhome@gmail.com whatsapp him on +1(424)-261-8520. and contact him if you have a lover that you really want back so badly,

2. Denis M on July 25th, 2018 7:07 pm

Can you please do an article about how bad the new CampusConnect is? Whoever is in charge of that software at DePaul should be fired. It’s embarrassingly bad.

3. clouds on August 7th, 2018 7:23 am

HOW TO ENLARGE YOUR PENIS WITH DR.COVENANT PENIS ENLARGEMENT CREAM
    Hello everyone am cliff, From texas USA , i am here to give my testimony about a spell caster called Dr Covenant, I was heartbroken because i had very small penis, not big enough to satisfy a woman, i have been in so many relationship, but cut off because of my situation, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr Covenant and decided to email him on his email i saw on the internet,(Covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com) so I decided to give his herbal product a try. i emailed him and he got back to me, he gave me some comforting words with his herbal pills for Penis Enlargement, Within 3 week of it, i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, ” and now it just 4 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer, and i had to settle out with my Ex girlfriend Jane, i was surprised when she said that she is satisfied with my sex and i have got a large penis.
    Am so happy, thanks to Dr Covenant. If you need his help on his email via (Covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com) Thanks or call him on his mobile +2349057353987

RESULTS AFTER CASTING OUR PENIS ENLARGEMENT SPELL;
    Permanent penis enlargement
    Thick penis
    Bigger penis head
    Improved force and intensity
    Boosted semen quantity
    Effective erections
    Cures and prevents impotence
    Have multiple orgasms
    Ends Early ejaculation
    Increased stamina
    Best regard

4. Doris Carter on August 7th, 2018 10:32 am

Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though dr.camala who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn’t find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa camala, i never knew it was alll because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing dr.camala gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at: dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com or WhatsApp him +2349055637784 thank you sir for healing me from HIV, i am Doris Carter.

5. Ellery Adrian on August 10th, 2018 9:33 am

I started seeking for help when I was desperate to see the good in my life because I was blinded by deception, expecting loyalty from a man who can’t be honest with himself. For 2 years’ happiness seems overrated while depression and anxiety took over my life.
    One of the hardest thing I did was not not moving on because I trust my marriage will work again someday.
    During the search to regain my sight and improve my marriage, I came across this email dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com owned by Dr.Wakina love spell master. Immediately after a successful love spell was cast, my life was given a meaning, my husband changed his attitudes and started focusing on me and the family. He became my everything. We became truthful to ourselves.
    I appreciate the time and effort he (Dr. Wakina) put into giving our lives a meaning.

6. Sarah Jack on August 11th, 2018 10:19 pm

DO NOT SUFFER YOUR SELF FROM ANY BREAK DOWN,CURSE, SICKNESS OR ANY KIND OF SPIRITUAL SET BACK. COME TO Dr joy FOR YOUR HELP. Authority is king! The spell that i provide is the ultimate fast results, The best spell casters/ Herbal Doctors are not easy to pick out! Many hearts are broken every day and many people suffer in vain. Don’t be one of them. Let me help you with your case. My powerful spells can STOP A DIVORCE and much much more! and I am considered one of the most powerful spell casters with White Voodoo. I can help you. I have a big range of powerful spells to use for your needs. What outcome do you want? You might wonder how the spells will affect you? Will the spell be helpful? YES! The spells I cast for you will not have any unwanted side effects such as bad Karma. As long as the intentions are pure out of love as I am sure they are, right?. Magic is actually an energy from mother earth that can be controlled. Specializing in the fields of Love, Money, Power, Success, Pregnancy, Sickness, Luck and Witch Craft. I can help you with any problem or wish that you might have. Email me at: joylovespell@gmail.com , you can also call me or add me on Whats-app: +2348100452479.

7. Burkett Sherry Lynn on August 15th, 2018 3:34 pm

Hello, I am Burkett Sherry Lynn from USA, i want to shear my testimony on how i got a good spell caster that help me bring back my husband. Dr, OGU JAZAZA, After being in relationship with my husband for years, he broke up with me. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster Dr, OGU JAZAZA, and he assured me and said that there is no problem that everything will be okay before three days. He cast the spell and surprisingly on the second day, my husband called me. I was so surprised and shock, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again and i also thank Dr, OGU JAZAZA, so very much for what he has done for me. If anyone should need help, you can contact Dr, OGU JAZAZA, The spell casters on email address is: (drogujazazasolution@gmail.com). or Whats-app him today (+12098373537). You can email him or Whats-app if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case. Dr, OGU JAZAZA, could help you with the following:

If you want to fix you broken marriage or relationship.
    (1) If you want to find true love.
    (2) If you want to rekindle a relationship with your ex.
    (3) If you want to stop infidelity in your relationship/marriage.
    (4) If you desire to be bind in love with your partner forever.
    (5) If you want to never separate from your lover.
    (6) He also have spell to bring back your ex HIv/Aids, parkinson disease.
    Contact him any time any day if you have any problem he will help you solved them immediately. his email address is: (drogujazazasolution@gmail.com). or Whats-app him today (+12098373537). thanks again my good and lovely Dr, OGU JAZAZA, god bless you more.

8. Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA on August 16th, 2018 8:34 pm

HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK HOME WITH THE HELP OF A REAL AND POWERFUL SPELL CASTER DR UNITY CALL/WHATSAPP +2348071622464.. My name is Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA, I almost took my life because of my husband who left me and stop picking my calls answering my mails and my messages. He said He do not trust me anymore, I tried to convince and beg him, but he will not believe or answer me until we had a fight and broke up for 6months, after then I realize I can not live without him because of the love I have for him. I tried everything possible to get him back, but non worked for me, some fake spell casters scammed me and went away with my money until I came across this man called Dr Unity he helped me cast a spell for me and behold my husband came back after 28 hours, begging me for forgiveness, I was so surprised that spell caster like Dr Unity still exist. If anyone here needs some help, with all sincerity, contact Dr Unity today On Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464 …

9. ESTHER on August 17th, 2018 8:07 am

There are stories and legends. There are men who overcome the most powerful and impossible obstacles. But there is only one who can help you the way Dr OBED can doWith experience beyond the living realm, I can summon, command and tame any entity. My powers reaches beyond the dead and there is never any doubt that I will solve your problems. When you approach me and asks for aid, I might reject unless you are 100% serious. There is no turning back once the spell has been cast!!! Want your Lover Back? Mend Broken heart? Bad financial situation? Family Problems? Divorce and Court Cases? Want to fulfill those dreams you always had? and many more, Contact me NOW. drobedspelltemple@hotmail.com. Call or whatsapp him with this numbers +2348078800009.

I am so happy writing this testimony today. I will write this testimony in other places to help others find this spell caster and get help. My name is ESTHER LOOKMAN. I am from USA. There is only one spell caster i have contacted that have helped me of the spell casters i met online. I did not spend a week talking with this man when i started to see changes in my life and my husband’s life. His name is DR OBED I have been married for 7 years and i couldn’t bear a child. My husband was going out with another woman and still drinking, smoking AND OTHERS BAD things he never use too do before. It was hard for me to bear and i have been searching for help. I contacted this spell doctor and my husband soon started coming home always after work within 4 days at first, soon the other woman left him alone and soon i became pregnant. It is a bundle of Joy in me that i finally found help with a short period of contact to last me my entire life. How else will i share this testimony of my life. Please help me share. Contact him too, Yes, FOR ANY CANE OF PROBLEMS, ANY TYPE HE WILL HELP YOU FINE THE SOLUTION…….. Follow his email address (drobedspelltemple@hotmail.com)…. God bless you…..

• Former DePaul video coordinator accepts assistant coaching job at CCSU

Too good to be true: Shannon Jr. reopens committment

The book of Eli: “I just want to win”

From pariah to hot commodity, Shannon’s recruiting story has happy ending after slow start

Blue Demons strike gold again on recruiting front

NCAA announces widespread rules changes in college basketball

Pitino, DePaul comment on text message suggesting payment to recruit

Maric’s basketball journey will continue in Belgium

Text found in court records claims DePaul offered $200,000 to five-star recruit

McCallum’s agent hopes his scoring spices up in Switzerland

Henry selected to try out for Team USA World Cup qualifying team