Public Safety: DePaul student victim of armed robbery on Lincoln Park campus

Public+Safety+and+Chicago+police+teamed+up+to+ensure+safety+after+the+bomb+threat+in+the+55+E.+Jackson+building+on+Thursday%2C+Sept.+12.+

Public Safety and Chicago police teamed up to ensure safety after the bomb threat in the 55 E. Jackson building on Thursday, Sept. 12.

Jonathan Aguilar / The DePaulia

Jonathan Aguilar / The DePaulia

Jonathan Aguilar / The DePaulia

A DePaul student reported that they were the victim of an armed robbery about 7:30 p.m. Friday on the Lincoln Park campus, according to a public safety alert.

The student reported that they were approached in an alley behind the Arts & Letters building by a person they had met earlier in the day, the alert said. The person showed a knife and demanded the student’s money.

The person left after the student handed over the money, the alert said.

Anyone with information about the incident may contact Chicago police or DePaul Public Safety.

This is the latest incident during a year in which crime has significantly increased in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, which has generally been considered a safe area.

Correction: This article was updated Oct. 13 to correct the name of the Arts & Letters building.